Versatile wildlife camera kit
This quality outdoor colour camera kit is perfect for watching feeders, foxes, hedgehogs. This camera kit will stream live colour during the day and infra-red at night straight to your TV. Just buy it, connect the camera to the cable and power supply and away you go.
- * LIVE colour streaming video
- See in the dark with infra-red (Auto switching)
- Compact design and easy to install
- Outdoor rated
- Loads more…
- Bird boxes, bird feeders
- Hedgehog houses, bat boxes
- Wildlife watching
- Domestic pet viewing
- Loads more…
A feature rich, HD camera kit
This perfect HD wildlife camera kit that comes with a camera, cable, power supply and scart connector. The camera can be easily mounted. It can be used indoors or outdoors. The camera is powered by a 12v power supply (supplied) and continuously transmit video and audio straight back to your TV via the AV cable (supplied). The kit comes with everything you need in one go. Read more about the specifications below or contact us if there are any questions.
Perfect gift item for all ages
Wildlife camera kits are perfect gift item for all ages, young and old. You can pop them in various places giving hours of viewing pleasure.
Perfect school and research camera
This camera is perfect for popping in anywhere and allowing you to monitor and learn easily. The low voltage system is very safe and perfect for nurseries, schools and colleges.
Ideal for all types of birds, animals etc
This wildlife camera kit is designed mainly for popping inside a box or enclosure, it is perfect for:
- Foxes and badgers – Watch feeding stations, movement
- Owls – Owl boxes, barn owl, tawny owl, little owl
- Feeders – bird tables, feeding stations
- Hedgehogs – watch hedgehogs close up as they feed and move around
- Lots more
Features in general
When you buy from handykam.com you are getting genuine items that work and function well. Each item includes many features.
- Technology: Analogue camera – For compatibility, look for blue circle with an A.
- Sensor: 1200TVL CCD light sensor – 1/4″ 1.0MP CMOS Sensor
- Day: Colour during day
- Night: IR at night with 24 x LED’s with auto switching sensor
- Low voltage: 12v DC
- Transmission: Wired camera. Sends signal down AV cable. Is compatible with wireless transmitter.
- Connection: Phono connector for flexibility
- Rating: Outdoor rated
- Lots more – See techy bit below
This is compatible with all analogue systems. (Look out for blue circle) Other formats may be compatible when a converter is added. The camera is standard analogue (CVBS) as well TVI, CVI, AHD. You can change the format easy.
The camera comes complete with integrated plugs for ideal plug in and play technology.
- Camera: 1 x HD CMOS camera with plugs 1 x swivel and tilt bracket
- Kit: 1 x 20m AV cable (30m, 50m, 75m, 100m if upgraded above) 1 x 12v power supply 1 x scart to av converter 1 x instructions on how to connect camera
More information - Techy stuff, FAQ's and more - click tabs below to view
- Item: High resolution colour camera
- Weight: 650g (Camera)
- Image Device: 1/4 ” CMOS
- Horizontal Resolution: 1200 TVL
- Pixels PAL: 1280(H)×720(V)
- TV SYSTEM: PAL/NTSC
- LED Type/Number: 42PCS Φ5 IR LED
- IR Series Distance: 30M (with IR on)
- Effective Illumination: 0.000LU×/F1.2(LED on)
- S/N Ratio: ≥48dB(AGC off)
- Lens: all glass 3.6mm F2.0 (2MP lens)
- Video Output: 1.0Vp-p 75Ω
- Scanning System: Progressive
- Electronic Shutter Time: Auto, PAL 1/60-100,000 sec
- Operation Temperature: -10℃- +50℃ RH95% Max
- Storage Temperature: -20℃- +60℃ RH95% Max
- White Balance: Auto
- Power Supply: DC12V±10% 500 mA
- Dimensions: 157(W)x70(H)x66(D)
Analogue cameras are very easy to use and install. In fact they are virtually plug in and play technology. See diagram below:
All you do is connect the camera to an AV cable, red to red, white to white and yellow to yellow. On the viewing end, all you have to do is connect the yellow and white connectors to your TV. Plug in the 12v power supply at the TV end into the red connector. The power travels down the camera to the camera and the video and audio travels back through the cable to the TV.
Differences between wired and wireless cameras
Wired cameras run 12v, video and audio through one cable to your camera. It send 12v down and video and audio back through the composite AV cable.
Wireless cameras need power at the camera end and transmit the video and audio wirelessly to a receiver in the house.
How to decide?
Whether to go wired or wireless is always tricky. What you need to ask yourself is the following:
- Have you got outdoor power?
- If yes, then wireless is an option. If no, you may need to consider wired.
- If no, then you may need to get power to it or run off battery or solar.
- Are you planning to view the camera far away ie through many walls?
- If yes, then you may consider wired or digital wireless
- If no, then either option is open to you
- Do you want to be able to turn the camera on or off?
- If yes, then go for wired.
- If not fussed, then go for wireless
How do I focus the camera?
Unfortunately, these cameras are fixed focussed
Is it compatible with my cable?
We would always recommend using our cables as they have been tested and work well with our cameras. This depends on your cable. Most composite cables are ok as they carry power (12v) to the camera and send video and audio back down the same cable. The connectors are standard RCA jacks and the power socket is 5.5mm outer 2.1mm inner.
This is a wired camera, do you have wireless one?
All cameras tend to be wired, but then get converted by using a separate transmitter.
Can I use my own power supply?
We would always recommend using our power supplies as they are built to the latest standards and specifications. Power supplies come in various voltages and amperages. It is always important to use the correct power supply.
Can you see the LED’s, will they effect the animals?
The camera produces a very dull glow. It is hard for you to see and possess no threat to birds and animals.
What do I do with the cable and connectors?
When the connectors are fitted to the camera, ideally they should be enclosed to protect from the elements.
Can you turn off the audio?
No there is no audio, but you can fit external audio with an external mic.
Can I connect the camera to a computer?
The camera is AV or TV ready. In order to connect to a computer or network (tablet, phone). You can either use a:
- USB device to digitise the signal into a computer
- IP convertor – This converts the signal into a digital signal by connecting the camera to your router. Any device in your network will be able to see and use the camera.
- Steaming box – This device digitises the signal and it allows the camera to be seen anywhere in the world
Please contact us for more information.
Upgrade options There are several upgrade options for this product. They are available as an option above. Here is a list: Kit upgrade
- Cable length upgrade
- Camera upgrade
- Computer recording