Complete pine nestbox and camera system
This high quality, value for money hand built, pine nest box with camera kit will allow you to watch birds nesting secretly inside a bird box in your garden. Watch them on your TV.
See the camera features
Watch this little video explaining the camera features.
* LIVE colour streaming video * See in the dark infra-red (Auto switching) * Hear everything – complete with a sensitive mic * Compact design and easy to install * Loads more…
* Bird boxes, bird feeders * Hedgehog houses, bat boxes * Wildlife watching * Domestic pet viewing * Loads more…
…watch live CCTV of blue tits, great tits and other familiar garden birds as they nest, lay eggs and raise a little family, unaware of the camera inside their home. It’s the perfect gift for birdwatchers, nature lovers and naturalists at a bargain price. It’s a wonderful and fascinating present for older or younger family members and friends. This popular nestbox and mini wildlife camera kit comes with a camera, cable, power supply and scart connector. The camera is easily mounted using the bolt and wing-nut supplied. Simply create a 5mm hole in your box, push the bolt through and spin the wing-nut on. The camera can then be tilted and focused easily, the 3.6mm lens on the camera giving you a top quality picture straight to your TV or computer. The camera is powered by a 12v power supply (included) and continuously transmits video and audio straight back to your TV via the AV cable (included). The kit comes with everything you need in one go. Read more about the specifications below or contact us if you have any questions.
Perfect gift item for all ages
Wildlife camera kits are perfect gift item for all ages, educating and engaging the young and entertaining and fascinating older folk. Our customers put them in all sorts of places, giving hours of viewing pleasure.
Perfect school and research camera
This camera is very easy to install anywhere and allows you to monitor with a minimum of fuss. The low voltage system is reassuringly safe for nurseries, schools and colleges.
Ideal for all types of birds and many other uses for the kit too
The nestbox system comes with everything included. It is designed to house many of our favourite hole-nesting native birds:
- Blue Tits
- Coal Tits
- Great Tits
- Marsh Tits
- House Sparrows
Birds – all other types of bird boxes, nest boxes and bird houses, aviaries and nest monitoring
- Owls – owl boxes, barn owl, tawny owl, little owl
- Feeders – bird tables, feeding stations, squirrel, badger and fox feeding
- Hedgehogs – hedgehog boxes, hedgehog homes and hedgehog feeding stations
- Small mammals – Small mammal boxes, dormouse boxes, pine marten boxes, mice, rats
- Bats – Bat boxes, bat house, bat roosts
- Pet cam – Rabbit camera, chicken camera, gerbil camera, reptile camera
Features in general
When you buy from handykam.com you are getting genuine tried and tested items that work and function well. The features of this product include:
- Technology: Analogue camera – For compatibility, look for blue circle with an A.
- Sensor: 700TVL CCD sensor
- Day: Colour during day
- Night: IR at night with 10 x LED’s with auto switching sensor
- Low voltage: 12v DC
- Transmission: Wired camera. Sends signal down AV cable. Is compatible with wireless transmitter.
- Connection: Phono connector for flexibility
- Audio: Sensitive Mic
- Lots more – See techy bit below
This is compatible with all analogue systems. (Look out for blue circle) Other formats may be compatible when a converter is added.
The camera comes complete with integrated plugs for ideal plug in and play technology. Nestbox 1 x pine camera bird box Camera 1 x CCD camera with plugs 1 x swivel and tilt bracket 1 x bolt and wing nut 1 x lens cap Kit 1 x 20m AV cable (30m, 50m, 75m, 100m if upgraded above) 1 x 12v power supply 1 x scart to av converter 1 x instructions on how to connect camera
More information - Techy stuff, FAQ's and more - click tabs below to view
Item: High resolution colour camera Weight: 65g Image Device: 1/3 SONY EFFIO-E CCD Colour Horizontal Resolution: 700 TVL Pixels PAL: 976(H)×582(V)570K TV SYSTEM: PAL LED Type/Number: 10PCS Φ5 IR LED IR Series Distance: 8M (with IR on) Mic: Audio High Sensitive Microphone Effective Illumination: 0.000LU×/F1.2(LED on) S/N Ratio: ≥48dB(AGC off) Lens: all glass 3.6mm 3 Megapixel Video Output: 1.0Vp-p 75Ω Scanning System: PAL:976 lines Electronic Shutter Time: Auto, PAL 1/60-100,000 sec Operation Temperature: -10℃- +50℃ RH95% Max Storage Temperature: -20℃- +60℃ RH95% Max White Balance: Auto Power Supply: DC12V±10% 500 mA
Analogue cameras are very easy to use and install. In fact they are virtually plug in and play technology. See diagram below:
All you do is connect the camera to an AV cable, red to red, white to white and yellow to yellow. On the viewing end, all you have to do is connect the yellow and white connectors to your TV. Plug in the 12v power supply at the TV end into the red connector. The power travels down the camera to the camera and the video and audio travels back through the cable to the TV.
Differences between wired and wireless cameras
Wired cameras run 12v, video and audio through one cable to your camera. It send 12v down and video and audio back through the composite AV cable.
Wireless cameras need power at the camera end and transmit the video and audio wirelessly to a receiver in the house.
How to decide?
Whether to go wired or wireless is always tricky. What you need to ask yourself is the following:
- Have you got outdoor power?
- If yes, then wireless is an option. If no, you may need to consider wired.
- If no, then you may need to get power to it or run off battery or solar.
- Are you planning to view the camera far away ie through many walls?
- If yes, then you may consider wired or digital wireless
- If no, then either option is open to you
- Do you want to be able to turn the camera on or off?
- If yes, then go for wired.
- If not fussed, then go for wireless
How do I focus the camera?
You focus the camera by simply turning the lens like a camera lens. If it does not move, it may have a small grub screw securing the lens to the camera. This can be undone by using a small star screwdriver.
Will it fit in my bird box?
The camera is really small and can be used in most boxes. See specs for details. The main things to check if the camera can fit and the correct lens can view enough of the area.
Is it compatible with my cable?
We would always recommend using our cables as they have been tested and work well with our cameras. This depends on your cable. Most composite cables are ok as they carry power (12v) to the camera and send video and audio back down the same cable. The connectors are standard RCA jacks and the power socket is 5.5mm outer 2.1mm inner.
This is a wired camera, do you have wireless one?
All cameras tend to be wired, but then get converted by using a separate transmitter.
Can I use my own power supply?
We would always recommend using our power supplies as they are built to the latest standards and specifications. Power supplies come in various voltages and amperages. It is always important to use the correct power supply.
Can you see the LED’s, will they effect the birds?
The camera produces a very dull glow. It is hard for you to see and possess no threat to birds and animals.
What do I do with the cable and connectors?
When the connectors are fitted to the camera, ideally they should be either under cover or placed in conduit to protect from elements. Failing all this, you can get one of our camera nest boxes as they come with a camera mount.
Can you turn off the audio?
There is no button as such for this. The only way to do this is to disconnect this from the white connected either at the camera or viewing end.
Can I connect the camera to a computer?
The camera is AV or TV ready. In order to connect to a computer or network (tablet, phone). You can either use a:
- USB device to digitise the signal into a computer
- IP convertor – This converts the signal into a digital signal by connecting the camera to your router. Any device in your network will be able to see and use the camera.
- Steaming box – This device digitises the signal and it allows the camera to be seen anywhere in the world
Please contact us for more information.
Upgrade options There are several upgrade options for this product. They are available as an option above. Here is a list: Kit upgrade
- Cable length upgrade
- Camera upgrade
- Computer recording