Differences between wired and wireless cameras
Wired cameras run 12v, video and audio through one cable to your camera. It send 12v down and video and audio back through the composite AV cable.
Wireless cameras need power at the camera end and transmit the video and audio wirelessly to a receiver in the house.
How to decide?
Whether to go wired or wireless is always tricky. What you need to ask yourself is the following:
- Have you got outdoor power?
- If yes, then wireless is an option. If no, you may need to consider wired.
- If no, then you may need to get power to it or run off battery or solar.
- Are you planning to view the camera far away ie through many walls?
- If yes, then you may consider wired or digital wireless
- If no, then either option is open to you
- Do you want to be able to turn the camera on or off?
- If yes, then go for wired.
- If not fussed, then go for wireless